I’m really excited to have started at a new school this term, with new students and new recommendations.
I certainly haven’t stopped reading since my last post, although I have found it very difficult to find time to write about the books that I have read!
A few things that I’ve read since my last post, that are worth a look are:
- War Horse by Michael Morpurgo (SO much better than the film! Good if you have an interest in history and or animals. Thank you to Ella for recommending this & insisting that I read EVERYTHING by MM – I’ll get there eventually!)
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins (Recommended by just about everyone I spoke to about books last school year and I loved it! Great for all year groups.)
- The Declaration by Gemma Malley (A dystopian future – interesting if you’ve read and liked The Hunger Games)
So, on to the next set of recommendations! I wrote down the books, but not the students who suggested them, but you know who you are!
- The ‘Gone’ Series by Michael Grant (recommended by students in three different classes last week, can’t wait to have a look.)
- Quantum Chronicles by Anthony Fucilla (just checked this out on-line – looks like a really interesting set of Sci-fi short stories)
- Empty Quarter by Julia Golding (Part of what looks like a series involving a character called Darcie Lock – can anyone tell me which one comes first?)
I hope to post my reviews here soon. Please feel free to make more suggestions or short reviews of these books by commenting on this post!